Friday, March 8, 2013


     I believe that the change of technology within the time periods presented in the video above can be evidence of changes in music education. The video presents a radio station that broadcasted music education programs. I did not know this existed until I saw this video. I am curious to what may have been broadcasted. Did they play recoding of actual student ensembles? I am curious to know how an elementary school band would have sounded like in the 1920's compared to an elementary school band today.
     I believe that what changed music education the most as a result from changes in technology was the competition with Russia. Priorities of American schools changed and art programs may have been pushed aside as physics classes and math courses were reinforced more strictly. I do however believe that music education was and other art programs were better embraced than they are today. The current priorities of American education have even less concerns for art programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment